Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Gearing Up for AP

After 12 years of teaching Global History, Participation in Government, Economics, Sociology, and United States History I have been presented with an opportunity to take on a couple of AP United States History classes for the 2006-2007 academic year. I decided to begin my prep work for rigors of an Advance placement course by attending a local AP forum at Colonie High School on October 28th. It was a nice chance to get together with AP teachers to discuss how they approach the course and exchange resources. I also put together a hotlist of books I wanted to examine further. As of today I have read or listened to (via www.audible.com ) the following books (in order)

1. Founding Brothers by Joseph Ellis
2. John Adams by David McCullough
3. 1776 by David McCullough
4. Andrew Jackson by HW Brands
5. Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin
6. War, Terrible War by Joy Hakim
7. Nothing Like it in the World by Stephen Ambrose
8. Teacher Man by Frank McCourt


Next Up: Theodore Rex by Edmund Morris

I put together a list of comments and lesson ideas, but that is for another post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home