Sunday, March 12, 2006

AP Prep Update

As part of a post on January 24th, I gave a brief run down of some of the books I was reading/listening to in preparation for the AP US History course I will be teaching in the fall of 2006. Here is an update:

9. Theodore Rex by Edmund Morris. Great read. I can never get enough of TR. I still have to decide on which book to read for TR's early years.

10. An Empire of Wealth by John Steele Gordon (http://www.johsteelegordon.com) This book was quite a find!! It does a great job laying out the debate over the gold standard (Chapter #14 "Cross of Gold") I haven't read this cover to cover but from what I picked up between Chapters #11-#14 I plan on finishing it this summer.

11. Woodrow Wilson by H.W. Brands - I liked this better that Brands' book on Andrew Jackson. Provides some great insight into the personality behind the President and how it shaped his policy.

More to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home