Saturday, April 22, 2006

Words of Wisdom from the Boss

The following link was passed on to me from one of our first year teachers here at Ballston - Mark Trazskos. Mark teaches Global History and Economics and between creating lessons, evaluating students, and adjusting to the bureaucratic nuisances associated with the daily grind he does not have the time to create a blog. In due time he will become a valuable contributor. Bruce Springsteen (Class of 1967) was recently inducted into the Freehold High School Hall of Fame. Although he was unable to attend the ceremony, his mother accepted the honor on his behalf. She read the following statement:

"I'd like to thank everyone for the honor. It's especially nice coming from my hometown and my old alma mater. It's kind of funny, really. I spent my years at Freehold Regional pretty much as an outcast and at best a very mediocre student. I would probably have been voted 'Least Likely to Succeed.'

"My only advice to teachers and the administrators would be to keep your eyes on the ones that don't fit in. They're the ones thinking out of the box and reimagining this place we live in... our hometown. You never know where they're going. "So, thank you once again and please show my mother a good time. Without her I may not have survived Freehold Regional High School."

"Go Colonials!"

http://www.backstreets.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home